Hialid 0.1 opthalmic solution 5ml
Hialid 0.1 % 5 ml
Active Ingredient : Each mL contains 1 mg of purified sodium hyaluronate. It also contains e-aminocaproic acid, disodium and edetate and benzalkonium chloride as additives.
1. Mechanism of action
Sodium hyaluronate binds to fibronectin and accelerates the adhesion and extension of epithelial cells. Sodium hyaluronate also has an excellent water-holding property because each sodium hyaluronate molecule can retain many H2O molecules.
2. Acceleration of corneal wound healing
Topical application of sodium hyaluronate ophthalmic solution accelerates the wound healing of corneal epithelium in rabbits.
3. Acceleration of corneal epithelial extension
Sodium hyaluronate accelerates the extension of corneal epithelial cells in isolated strips of cultured rabbit cornea.
4. Prevention of corneal drying
When applied to isolated strips of rabbit cornea, sodium hyaluronate is significantly more effective than artificial tears in preventing corneal drying.
Dosage and administration
Usually, instill one drop a time to the eye 5-6 times daily. The dosage may be adjusted according to the patient’s symptoms.
Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd 9-19, Shimoshinjo 3-chome, Higashiyodogawa-ku, Osaka, Japan
Santen (Thailand) Co.,ltd. Bangkok, Thailand
If the following adverse reactions are observed, appropriate measures such as discontinuing administration should be taken.
5% > ≧0.1% <0.1%
Hypersensitivity Blepharitis, eyelid dermatitis –
Ophthalmic Itching, irritation, conjunctivitis, conjunctival injection, corneal lesion such as keratitis superficialis diffusa Eye discharge
Precautions concerning Use
1) Route of administration: Ophthalmic use only.
2) At the time of administration:
(1) Instruct the patient to be careful not to touch the tip of the bottle to the eye directly in order to avoid the contamination of the drug.
(2) Instruct the patient, if any other ophthalmic drug is used, to wait at least five minutes between applying this product and any other ophthalmic drug.
(3) Instruct the patient not to use this product while wearing hydrogel soft contact lenses. (Benzalkonium chloride contained in this product may be adsorbed to soft contact lenses.)